Monday, November 10, 2008

feathered headband

the hubby and i had a fancy-schmancy grown-up party to attend this weekend. it was our first real grown-up gala and i wanted something a little special to go with my outfit. i had been admiring a lot of feathered headbands that i saw popping up, but wasn't sure i could pull one off myself. i searched etsy and found a bunch i liked, but was afraid they might not arrive in time or that i'd spend the money and chicken-out and not wear it. being the craftster that i am, i figured i could make my own. a quick trip to the craft store and i had my feathers in hand. here are a few pics of how it turned out:



my favorite parts are the little green accents on the tips of a few feathers.


here's a close-up of it when i actually had it on for the party! that's right, i was brave and not only wore it, but felt very pretty while doing so!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you! I'm sure you looked lovely!

Melissa said...

That looks AWESOME!!! Wow! Definitely just as lovely as the ones I've recently bought!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin