Friday, October 03, 2008

feeling daring


i've always been an admirer of people who can put together a totally fun outfit that isn't too out there, but has a little bit of unexpected flair. i'm one of those people who buy things that i wish i could wear, but when it comes time to leave the house in it i completely cave. i can't tell you how much money i've wasted on things that i thought would be so cool, but then chickened out when it actually came time to wear them. so i saw these pink tights on clearance a few weeks back and had another one of my "moments". i figured even if they sat in my drawer and never get worn i only wasted $1.99 on them.

well, today i put my brave face on and actually wore them. not only around the house, but out in public! i had to take the little dude to pre-school and i also had to go meet a new babysitter for the first time! funny thing was, i didn't feel out of place! here's to the continuation of a new, brave wardrobe!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You go girl!! I'm a big fan of colorful tights! I have burgundy, orange, yellow, purple, aqua, and red/black plaid. Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I identify with you 100%. I do the same thing. I have a bunch of stuff that I think are really cool, but have been far too scared to wear them in public. For example, I have a bunch of those floral hair accessories that are now en vogue and I've felt far too self-conscious to wear them out.

Congratulations for wearing those CUTE tights in public! Your post has motivated me to put on some courage to be more myself out there.

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

VERY Cool. That babysitter probably thought "I'd love to work for this family with the hip, cool, Mom!" Here's to your brave, new wardrobe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin