Thursday, July 10, 2008

big thing: #1


i've been mentioning all of these "big things" going on with me and my business lately. i think it's about time i start divulging some of them! so wait no more....."big thing" #1 is being revealed!

earlier this week i signed my first licensing deal! it's something i've wanted to become involved with for awhile now because, in all honesty, i don't want to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off the rest of my life. the thought of licensing my artwork is very appealing because there's no huge overhead, no inventory, no customers. just me. my computer. my design. my love. the prospect of not having a huge accounting process hanging over my head is more than i can ever dream of!


i actually made the contact for this licensing deal at the nss. even though i didn't exhibit, i walked the show and met up with some friends from past years. i was invited to a swanky penthouse party on the upper east side after the show, and that's actually where it all started.


so, 4 of my little illustrations will be appearing on stationery related products in january of 2009. i don't know exactly what products they'll be made into yet, or where they'll be available, but there are big possibilities and i'm hopeful and excited. the possibility of having my illustrations appear in big chain stores like target and seen by a much wider market is such a dream.


the one downside is that once these product hit the market in january, i will no longer be able to sell my version. so, if you're interested in getting them for yourself, you can head on over to my website and buy them there until december 31st.

it will be awhile before i know much more, but i will update with any new information once i hear anything!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Lori! Congrats! Huge deal! I can't wait hear more about it!

Unknown said...

Hey honey, I am finally leaving a comment on your site, hopefully that means I am one step away from lameness in your eyes. I can't tell you how excited I am about this! Who would've thought a great time at a party would end up so positively. NY is a magical place. Thanks to those fabulous boys for always inviting the most amazing people! Hey, that must mean we're amazing...yay us!

Molly said...

How exciting Lori! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You know, I actually DO want that green phone card ;) I'll have to snatch a few up before the deadline. Congrats...

patricia zapata said...

Lori that's SO wonderful!!! A big congratulations to you!

Katrina said...

Wow! What fantastic news! Congrats!!

baby r.t. and house too said...

Congrats on your licensing deal, Lori! Licensing is truly the best of both "card" worlds. And how can you not love having more time with the kids? Awesome! Kira

Julie said...

Lori - that's so awesome - congratulations!!!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! Congrats to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin